There seems to be an idea, out there in society, that a Bride takes over the event coordinator role when it comes to a Wedding. And we would like to wholeheartedly SQUASH that concept.
There are definitely things that a Groom needs to take into consideration for his big day (even if his Bride-to-be has to provide him with a list of said considerations to guide him along the journey to the aisle!)
- Ask your Groomsmen to be part of the proceedings, and decide on your Best Man
- Get involved in the gift registry process. People attend Weddings with gifts, so why not put in your order!
- Check out the bands or DJs that you are considering for your Reception. It’s a great chance for an evening out, and you’ll get the opportunity to find out for yourself if they are your cup of tea without them providing you with their well orchestrated sales pitch.
- Decide who is going to make the cut ~ and this means, friends and family. Every person on the guest list is going to cost you a small chunk of money so where will you draw the line?
- Think about your guests and who will need accommodation. Is there room with you or any local hotels you could suggest?
- When will guests be arriving? Will you need to arrange any “tour guide” shifts with early guest arrivals?
- Have a chat with your gorgeous finance about honeymoon ideas. If you’re heading overseas, you’ll need to add “Check Passport Expiry Date” to your to-do list and depending on the destination you may also have to consider adding “Check on Required Visas” and “Check on required Vaccinations”
- Arrange transportation to get you and your Groomsmen to the Ceremony, and you and your wife to your Reception (if it’s not in the same location as you Ceremony
- Schedule some time with the gents to select your suits.
- Schedule some time with your finance to select your wedding bands (either by visiting a jewellery store or booking an appointment with a jeweller for a custom design consult)
- If you’ve selected the right groomsmen they will by your side for this entire journey, not just the Bucks and the Wedding Day. Decide on what gift you can give them as a thank you.
- Talking of Bucks parties… be good!! You’re so close to marrying the woman of your dreams, don’t do anything that would make her second guess walking down the aisle towards you!
- If you’ve elected to recite your own vows for the Ceremony, make sure to put some time aside to put your feelings into words. We aren’t against “Google” for inspiration but please do NOT rip someone else’s vows from the internet. You’ll sound insincere if you’re not speaking from the heart.
- And while you’re at it, think about what you’d like to say to your guests, and your wife, at the Reception.
- Finally, we suggest you write a love note to your finance to read while you spend the night apart. It’s the little things that make the biggest impact… trust us!
Photo credit: Jaimee + Saul