If you’ve just recently got married, congratulations on your first Christmas as a Mr and Mrs!
It’s likely that even though you have lived together that you haven’t fully thought about starting any traditions that replace the ones that your family have created for you. Well, it’s time to get creative!
What beautiful traditions do you want to impart on your future family (or just for the two of you if you’re more interested in cats than children)?
- Have you bought any bespoke Christmas decorations?
- Would you consider turning off your phones for a few hours while you spend Christmas Eve finalising your gift wrapping (either for yourselves or the family and friends you are going to visit on Christmas day)?
- Have you held a Christmas lunch at your house yet?
- Just because you have always gone to your parents for Christmas, doesn’t mean that you always have to. Would you be open to a little getaway by yourselves instead? If you’re not keen to let go of your Mum’s cooking just yet, what about a Boxing Day departure?
- Make a special cocktail that you can enjoy on Christmas Eve
- We don’t want to sound like an old adage by saying that now you are a wife you must be in the kitchen, but how great would it be to turn up to your Christmas lunches with a little container of home-baked goodies for the host?
- Into family portrait Christmas cards? They don’t have to be tragic, unless of course that’s what you’re going for! Why not give it a go. Even if you don’t send it to anyone. It could be fun to come up with random ideas and we are sure you’ll have a blast while on the “photo shoot”.
- Select one present that you can give each other on Christmas Eve
- I personally love the idea of a Christmas Eve or Christmas Night movie-marathon!
Photo Credit: Thorson Photography