There is definitely something romantic about finding a special use for once-loved items. Whether you have a glamorous piece from the 20s or a free-spirited element from the 70s ~ we love it all, especially if it holds sentimental value to you, your groom, or your families!
Have you thought about a way in which you can incorporate family heirlooms into your bespoke wedding?
We have some ideas that you may be able to quite simply incorporate into your day:
- A classic car that you could arrive in
- A pair of antique wedding shoes that you could walk down the aisle in
- Lace from your mothers wedding dress wrapped around your bouquet stems
- Cufflinks that your father wore on his wedding day
- An old-world brooch, pair of earring or hair clip that could be added to your outfit
- A beautiful old jewellery box for your ring-bearer to use
- Historic pieces you could use as wedding decor throughout the ceremony or reception
- Snaps of your parents weddings that you can showcase amongst your photos at your reception
- And your wedding day is definitely the special day you have been waiting for to take the good china out of the cabinet and use it for your DIY backyard wedding!
Photo via our Canberra vendor, Sueno Designs