ATTENTION: Maid of Honour / Bridesmaids
There is absolutely no reason for you to suffer through what can often be a stressful pre-wedding period. And we are in no way referring to your duty of taking care of the Bride in the days/weeks/months leading up to the wedding! We are in fact eluding to the fact that you actually have a pretty important task set for you > having to make all of the arrangements for the Bride’s Hens Party!
So if you’re looking for a little guidance, or a helping hand, then Jessica from Party In Canberra may just be the best person for you to get in contact with (if you’re planning a day/night out in the Canberra region!)
Can you tell us a bit about Party In Canberra & how you came to launch the business?
Party In Canberra was developed for a few reasons:
- I was on maternity leave and needed something to think about! Being a stay-at-home mummy was making me feel like my brain was melting into a puddle (conversations with babies seem to be very one-sided haha!) I struggled to hold conversations that weren’t about being a mum and needed a project.
- When I was back at work I was a public servant and needed a fun creative outlet. But…
- The number 1 reason I did it was because I was sick of people saying that there is nothing to do in Canberra. There is so much to do here! We’d then inevitably end up having a hen’s party in Sydney which cost each guest $1000 + to do activities that you could still do in Canberra and you’d spend 7 hours of your weekend away getting a sore bum from sitting in the car too long (and on day 2 trying not to let a hangover destroy you). I found that the biggest problem was that Canberra didn’t have a great resource for planning the perfect hen’s party, and figured it wasn’t going to create itself, so I’d better do it.
What do you love most about being a Hens party consultant?
- The excitement of the bride tribe
- Their love for their friend
- Their desire to plan a party which is fun, unique, and highlights what makes the bride to be so special to them
- The smiles on their faces during the party
- Any hangover photos; and
- Proving to people that you don’t need to go to Sydney to have a hen’s party
Where are you based and what areas do you service?
We are based in Canberra and service pretty well anyone who wants to have a Hen’s Party in Canberra. We can even arrange a phone meeting for people based interstate who are trying to plan a party here.
Do you have a space where you meet with the Bridal party to discuss options?
We can do consultations on the phone, in someone’s home, a café …anywhere that is convenient for the bride tribe.
Can you tell us a little bit about any the packages you offer and rough pricings?
Our service offerings are open to change as we learn more about what our bride tribes need help with. It really is a customised service! Bride tribes can find that info on our bookings page: partyincanberra.com.au/book-online
Do you have preferred suppliers or do you completely customise your services based on the Hens needs?
It is inevitable that we have preferred suppliers, but at the end of the day we want to pick suppliers that we know will deliver quality on the day of the party and create the best party possible for the bride to be & her tribe.
What other services do you offer the Brides and/or her bridal party?
We can also come to the hen’s party and help make sure everything is styled right and running smoothly. We found so many bride tribes were running around, trying to make everything perfect, that they forgot their number one job was to stop, enjoy, and make memories with the bride.
What advice do you have for the Bridal party when choosing their pre wedding celebrations?
Personalise! It needs to reflect the bride, her interests, her personality, your memories with her, her relationship with her husband-to-be. It’s the personal details that will push you into the best bridesmaid category!
How early should Brides/bridesmaids book with you?
I would suggest that people get in contact about 4 months before the hen’s party, but we can still pull something off with just 2 months notice, if people are willing to really knuckle down and get organised quickly after we’ve had the consultation!
When you aren’t planning amazing experiences for Brides what do you enjoy spending your time doing?
I spend my non “Party In Canberra” time as a Marketing Strategist for Brand Motion, Occasional contributor of articles to her Canberra, Mother of 2 kids under 4, & wife to my incredibly supportive hubby.
Are there any new Hens trends that we should be aware of for 2017/2018 pre-wedding celebrations?
Styling – Beautiful blooms paired with crisp white and the metallic finish of your choice.
Locations – Bohemian picnics in unexpected locations
Activities you’d usually not do yourself – Archery Combat, Horse Riding, Laser Tag, Dance Classes, Flower Crown classes, Pamper Sessions…. Too many options to write! Thinking out of the box and creating a truly memorable experience.
Appreciating the Male Form – A strong move away from “bump & grind” strippers, but swapping it for waiters wearing nothing but an apron, or a life drawing class with an attractive model.
Ways to contact Party In Canberra: