There are moments that are really special in a mother’s life. A daughter’s wedding would definitely have to be one of the highlights.
Whether your little princess wants your input into every detail, or wants to simply have you there to calm their nerves on the day, you should know that you have a very important role.
There is no one that knows her like you do. She will look to you for advice, comfort and support.
- Be the burst of positive energy she needs throughout the planning process
- Listen to her (without judgment) when she wants to rant about what’s going wrong, or when she wants to rave about the successes she has had
- Ensure you make a day out of dress shopping. This isn’t an opportunity you will get very often!
- Keeping in mind her style Vs your style, be honest with her about her choices. Just be sure to choose your words carefully when expressing a dislike to something. If there is something you really don’t like make sure you highlight the benefits of another option so that you don’t appear to be a Negative Nancy!
- Be the mediator when family and/or friends question elements of the Wedding e.g. Why wasn’t I invited to the Bridal Shower? Why can’t I bring the kids the Wedding?
- Take charge at the ceremony, becoming the hostess with the mostest when guests arrive and ensuring everyone is seated and quiet as she is about to take her first steps down the aisle
- Have a bag full of random goodies, so if she has inadvertently forgotten anything you can come to the rescue
- Understand when she wants to talk and when she doesn’t. Having such a good relationship with you means that she may just “bite” if you become too invested in HER day!
Photo Credit: Thorson Photography